Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Don't Call it a Comeback

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for YEARS....

I'm back in the blogosphere and here to stay. :-) I've been at this thing since high school but alot has changed since then. Most recently I spent 5 months as a field organizer. Honestly, I'm just now catching my breath. It was and is a job, I have quickly, painfully and most irritatingly learned, may never be understood by those who weren't there. It dawned on me one day that I may spend my whole life talking to people who believe the sole responsibilities of a field organizer to be....

(1) Attending Barack Obama rallies and waiting in the wings in hopes that he will sign their copy of "Dreams from My Father"

(2) Yard Sign Dispenser. Enough said.

(3) Organzing Barack schedule so that he can purposely skip the cities where your most prized volunteer live. Because, you know, if he's not visiting their city, he's not trying to win an election....:-/

None of the above. Sorry folks. There's just no room in our schedules for that. We're busy doing the stuff that amazing and historic campaigns are made out of aka community organizing.:-) Anyway, I'm back in the blogging world because an experience like the one I and thousands of other organizers had, is best when shared with the world. After all, we are inheriting it and shaping it and molding it into the future. We are the new STANDard.

World, take note.

Just getting my feet wet again, so I'm a bit heavy on the sarcasm. :-) No apologies though. Look for more, because surely there will be.

No comments: